You know your sous vide makes the perfect steak… but did you know you can use it to make pickles? These Sous Vide Pickled Asparagus with Lemon are your new favorite snack.
This recipe for Sous Vide Pickled Asparagus is from my brand new book, Everyday Sous Vide: It’s All French to Me. Snag the book for lots of amazing sous vide recipes like this one!
I recently discovered that you can pickle things using your sous vide, and lost my mind a little bit. I love pickles! And all the pickled things! Since it’s May, and I’ve been hitting up the farmer’s market now that it’s back, pickled asparagus it is. I loaded up the pickling liquid with a lot of lemon juice, lemon rind, garlic, and other good things.
I’m fully addicted to pickled asparagus. I had planned to give some away… but I’m not gonna do it. Sorrynotsorry.
If ya haven’t hopped on the sous vide band wagon yet, you might consider it for this pickled asparagus recipe alone. This is the sous vide I use and I’ve been super happy with! Grab some canning jars and you’re good to go.
This easy pickled asparagus recipe uses the sous vide method to create an irresistible side dish.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 peeled and crushed clove of garlic per jar
- 2 pieces of lemon rind per jar
- 3 sprigs of dill per jar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Fill a large stock pot or container with water. Preheat using sous vide to 145 degrees F.
- Add stalks of asparagus, garlic, lemon rind, and dill to pint-sized jars. Do not pack tightly: asparagus should be able to move around freely.
- Whisk together vinegar, water, lemon juice, salt, and sugar until dissolved. Pour over asparagus in jars.
- Use undamaged lids to close jars. Close to “finger tight” (you should be able to easily unscrew with our finger tips). Drop jars carefully into water. Jars should be completely submerged.
- Cook for two hours. Remove from water and let cool for 12 hours. Can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge.
Keywords: pickled asparagus, easy pickled asparagus, sous vide pickled asparagus