Harissa and salmon are such a lovely combination. I use honey to create a harissa glazed salmon that’s smoky, spicy, and sweet. Finished with a little lemon for that citrus hit, this salmon dish is a winner!
What is harissa?
Harissa is a spicy, smoky paste that’s a staple in Middle Eastern and North African cooking. It’s made from spicy peppers, usually smoked, garlic, olive oil, spices like cumin, and sometimes a little lemon.
It’s bright, smoky flavor pairs perfectly with salmon!
My favorite harissa comes from everyone’s favorite grocery store, Trader Joe’s. You’ll find it by the spices and sauces!
How to Make Harissa Glazed Salmon in the Oven
This recipe is really simple! There’s nothing we like better around here than an easy dinner.
Start by preheating your broiler to low heat.
Then, season salmon pieces liberally with kosher salt and drizzle with olive oil. Broil on low for 7 minutes.
While the salmon cooks, mix together harissa and honey in a small bowl.
Remove salmon from the oven and turn broiler to high. Spread the harissa honey mixture on to the salmon pieces. Return to oven and broil for another minute.
Squeeze fresh lemon over the salmon and serve! It’s really that simple.
How to Make Harissa Glazed Salmon Using Sous Vide
Want to use sous vide instead of the oven? No prob!
Preheat your water bath to 115 degrees F with your immersion circulator. Don’t have one? My favorite is Vesta’s Imersa Elite. Season salmon with salt and drizzle with olive oil, then add to a vacuum seal bag. Vacuum seal, then add to water bath and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
Remove the salmon pieces from bag and pat dry. Cover with the harissa honey mixture, then broil under high heat for 1 minute or use a torch. Finish with fresh lemon.
What to Serve with Harissa Glazed Salmon
Looking for a delicious side dish? I’ve got you!
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries would be awesome dipped in extra glaze!
- Cacio e Pepe Mashed Potatoes make a great side to salmon
- How about Grilled Corn Salad to keep the summer vibes?
- Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread is a winner!
- or the classic side for this dish, Couscous
You can also view this recipe in a step by step web story.
Get the Recipe:
Harissa Glazed Salmon
- To cook in the oven, preheat broiler under low. To cook sous vide, preheat water bath to 115 degrees F using an immersion circulator.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and drizzle with olive oil. If cooking sous vide, add to vacuum seal bag and seal. Cook in water bath for 45 mins – 1 hour. If cooking in oven, cook under broiler for 7 mins.
- While the salmon cooks, mix together honey and harissa in small bowl.
- When salmon fillets are done, remove from bag and pat dry if cooking sous vide. Remove from oven if not. Coat each fillet with the harissa honey mixture.
- Turn broiler to high heat. Place salmon fillets under broiler for 1 minute. Squeeze fresh lemon over the salmon fillets and serve.