This is a great recipe for sweet potato fries made in the air fryer with almost no oil, just a little olive oil! They come out crisp on the outside, tender on the inside. These air fryer sweet potato fries make a great side dish, or even just a snack. If you try this air fryer sweet potato fries recipe, please rate and review!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I was really hesitant to get an air fryer. Another gadget? And it’s BIG? I ended up getting one because I had freelance clients requesting air fryer recipes, but I wasn’t happy about it. Now, I’m in love! The air fryer is my new favorite way to prepare veggies because it’s so fast and so easy to clean.
Sweet potato fries are no different: they’re ready in less than 20 minutes and are the perfect texture!
Which air fryer should I get?
I did a lot of research when I was choosing my air fryer. There are a bunch on the market and several that are well reviewed, but I ended up going with Instant Pot’s model and I’ve been really happy with it! It preheats so fast, is lightweight (although it is large), and the basket is incredibly easy to clean.
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
Start by preheating your air fryer to 380 degrees F. You’re going to cook them for about 14 minutes.
You only need a few ingredients:
- A sweet potato (or two!)
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
Peel the potato (or don’t – that’s really up to you) and slice into fries. You can play with the thickness depending on your preferences. Then toss with all the other ingredients!
Once your air fryer is preheated, add the fries to the basket. Pull out and shake the basket every 5 minutes or so, until they’ve got golden spots all over them and the edges are starting to darken.
What to Serve with Your Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
If these fries are just going to be a snack (which is great!), my favorite condiment pairing is Red Duck Curry Ketchup, without question.
But if they’re going to be a side dish, here are some dish ideas!
- Sous Vide Pork Chops
- Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- Porter Road Bratwursts (a regular meal in our house!)
- How about we keep it simple with mac and cheese? I’ve been eyeing this recipe for Instant Pot Mac and Cheese from Fueling a Southern Soul – pull out all the gadgets!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Want more simple recipes like this? Follow me on Instagram to stay updated: @aducksoven
You can also view this recipe as a step-by-step web story.
Get the Recipe:
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Additional salt, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F for a cook time of 14 minutes.
- Peel or wash the sweet potato and cut into 1/2 inch thick fries.
- Toss the fries with olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder until thoroughly coated.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the preheated air fryer basket.
- Every 5 minutes or so, remove the basket and shake it. Continue cooking until the fries have golden spots all over them and the edges are starting to turn a deep brown.
- Taste and toss with a little more salt if desired.