This grilled corn salad makes great use of all of your summer veggies. With corn as a base, use whatever veggies you have on hand to supplement! I like to use sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes. Toss with a bright garlicky, lemony sauce and plenty of fresh herbs.
IT’S SUMMA TIME! In case you hadn’t heard.
And here in Portland, it’s already been a scorcher. This week alone we’ve had 3 days above 90, and we’re not exactly a city known for its heat.
The consequence of this high heat? I avoid turning on my oven at all costs. Our grill is doing overtime. Yes, we do have A/C, but it’s a tiny window unit that lives in our bedroom because we are those people that can’t sleep unless we’re downright cold. I know there are more of you out there.
This recipe is as easy as it gets: grill corn, grill sugar snap peas, grill pepper, toss with “dressing” made of butter, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. When Husband asked me what he was in for (note: partners of food bloggers have to ask this frequently), I said, “Think scampi but veggies instead of shrimp.” After actually eating it, I stand by this description.
Ingredients for Grilled Corn Salad
This recipe came to be because I had a random assortment of veggies on hand: corn on the cob, sugar snap peas, and cherry tomatoes. What to do with them? Create this delicious, warm, summery salad that I’m craving all over again while describing it to you, that’s what to do.
To start, preheat a grill to medium high. Spray with cooking spray (I like to use sprayable ghee from Thrive Market), sprinkle with salt, and cover with aluminum foil. I like to remove the foil for the last few minutes to get a good char on the kernels, but the foil helps lock in steam to cook them better.
Once the corn is done grilling, use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the ears.
Then grill your other veggies – I highly recommend sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes, but red bell peppers are a good addition, too. I toss them with just a bit of olive oil and salt, and add them to the grill at medium high heat until just softened with a little char.
How to Make Grilled Corn Salad
While the veggies are grilling, make the sauce. It’s super simple: butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and fresh basil and parsley! The dreamiest of sauces.
Melt the butter over medium low heat, add the garlic and cook until browned. Turn off the heat and add zest, juice, and herbs. That’s it!
Then toss the grilled corn kernels, grilled veggies, and sauce all together. Top with more fresh herbs, flaked sea salt, and serve!
You can even use Sous Vide Corn instead of grilled!
What to serve with Grilled Corn Salad
This salad is large enough to be eaten as a meal, but if you’re going to serve it as a side, here are some ideas for your main!
- Sous Vide Tri Tip
- Sous Vide Whole Chicken
- Citrus Spiced Chicken
- Peri Peri Chicken
- Balsamic Chicken Legs
- Herbed Grilled Chicken
Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Want more great recipes like these? Follow me on instagram, @aducksoven, to stay in the loop.
If you make this recipe, please rate it and leave a review! It helps me so much and helps others find this recipe, too.
You can also view this recipe as a step-by-step web story here.
Get the Recipe:
Grilled Corn Salad
- 4 ears of corn
- Cooking spray
- Roughly 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sliced basil strips
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp flaked sea salt
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Remove the husks and threads from the corn and rinse. Spray each ear of corn with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Wrap them each in foil.
- In a grill basket, toss sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Reduce grill heat to medium. Place corn cobs in the center of the grill. Grill for 7 minutes.
- Add grill basket to the grill. Flip corn. Grill veggies and corn for an additional 7 minutes, tossing veggies once. If you want char marks on your corn, remove foil and return to grill for last few minutes of cooking, turning occasionally.
- While the veggies are grilling, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is just starting to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, half the basil, and half the parsley.
- Once veggies are done, let cool for 3-5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, slice kernels off the cob.
- Add veggies and corn kernels to a salad bowl. Pour over the butter lemon mixture and toss to coat.
- Garnish with remaining basil, parsley, and flaked sea salt. Serve warm.
Music by Hooksounds.