Scones are so much easier than you think to make. Check out these recipes for unique flavor combinations like brie cheese scones, pumpkin scones, and more! These recipes only take about 45 minutes to make, making them perfect for a spur of the moment fancy breakfast.
These 4 scone recipes are a great starting point for scone baking and provide a great base recipe you can tweak for whatever scone recipes you want to make in the future.
To make any of these recipes gluten free, use a 1-to-1 gluten free flour like Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour. Replace with the same exact quantities. Don’t you love when things are easy?
Looking for something savory to serve alongside your scones? My sous vide egg bite recipe is perfect for feeding a group and chock full of protein. If they aren’t your taste, don’t worry, I have plenty of other breakfast recipes!
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Scones
Brie and Fig Scones
Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones
If you try any of these recipes, make sure to leave a rating and review letting me know. Same goes if you try any of your own variations!
Are there any flavors not here that you’d like to see? Leave a comment with your request and I’ll get to work developing some new scone recipes.
Get the Recipe:
4 Easy Scone Recipes, Including Brie and Fig Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped figs
- 1/2 cup cubed brie cheese
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter. If you don’t have one, you can use a fork or crumble the butter with the dry ingredients using your fingers.
- Mix in the ⅓ cup milk until completely combined. Gently fold in the figs and brie cheese.
- Divide dough into two even pieces. Form each piece into a disc with a 6 inch diameter and place on the greased baking sheet. Cut each into six wedges but don’t separate them.
- Brush the 1 tbsp butter over the raw scones.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for five minutes before serving.