Fall, fall, fall! Generally, I don’t do a ton of fall baking, but I had overripe bananas and pears, and buh-buh-buh, this Whole Wheat Pear Banana Bread happened. Whole wheat so I’d feel a little less guilty about it. Then I put some walnuts and brown sugar on top of it sooo the guilty feelings crept in.
It’s not that I don’t like to bake. I quite like to. But Husband and I don’t love having baked goods lying around the house. Because we eat them.
Worse, I inevitably bake on Saturdays, which is two days from Monday, which means I can’t even rely on pawning the baked goods off on my coworkers. It’s a lose-lose.
Okay, moving on to happy thoughts! Predictably, this bread was gone by Sunday afternoon because it is tastyyy. Pear + banana is a lovely combination, especially when paired with plenty off pumpkin pie spice. This banana bread is warm and comforting and oh so tasty.
I used Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Flour for this banana bread, but you could use any whole wheat flour or say screw it and use good ol’ all purpose.Print
Fall baking made slightly healthy with this Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Pears and plenty of pumpkin pie spice. Just a few ingredients and you’re all set!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spicce
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″x5″ baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil, and eggs.
- Add the vanilla, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in whole wheat flour until completely incorporated.
- Gently fold in the pears until just incorporated.
- Combine all ingredients for the topping. Sprinkle into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Pour bread batter into the baking dish over the crumbled topping. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in baking dish. Flip upside down onto a platter and continue to let cool for another 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: whole wheat banana bread