I haven’t written much about it because I don’t usually have an excuse to, but I really, really love popcorn. Like a lot. Like I probably eat it four nights a week a lot. It’s a problem.
Air-popped popcorn is my favorite thing in the world and I can talk myself into believing it’s healthy that way, but here in Cape Town I’ve had to stick to microwave, since we didn’t want to buy an air-popper we’d have to throw away in a year. I knew I’d have to make some sacrifices when we moved here, but that’s a pretty big ask…
Oh wait, I’m getting gorgeous beaches and views of Table Mountain when I step out my front door in exchange. I guess it’ll be okay.
This decadent creation came about because I had leftover marshmallows after making rice crispy treats for our belated Fourth of July celebration/anniversary dinner (more to come on that later) and needed an excuse to use them. I saw s’mores on Pinterest and started craving them, and somehow this idea struck.
And peanut butter needed to be included. Because peanut butter and chocolate are best pals. And because peanut butter.
This is super easy- it comes together in about ten minutes- and fun and different from usual buttery popcorn for movie night. You may need a few extra napkins, though!
Peanut Butter S'mores Popcorn
- 1 bag microwave popcorn or 5 cups air-popped popcorn
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet.
- Cook popcorn according to package directions. Toss popcorn with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Spread out on the baking sheet and evenly sprinkle with salt. Make in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until marshmallows and chocolate are soft.
- While the popcorn is baking, add the peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1:30-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the peanut butter is thin enough to pour.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven and pour peanut butter over it, distributing evenly.