Then add the sugar and chocolate chips. You could easily stop here and just inhale this mixture, but it’s worth it to keep going.
Transfer this mixture to a Kitchenaid or mixing bowl. And now comes the pretty coconut milk!
Throw the rest of the ingredients in with the batter, including your standard eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
Pour the batter into a greased glass baking dish. Don’t eat all of it before it goes in the oven.
Throw it in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes and enjoy just how lovely your kitchen smells. You might want be in their so badly just for the smell that you’ll get motivated to take care of the pile of dishes you just created.
When a toothpick comes out of the brownies clean, the brownies are done! They will be incredibly fudgy.
While the brownies are cooling, whip up the frosting. I also, of course, incorporated coconut milk into this! Whip some butter, add vanilla and coconut milk, followed by cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Super simple.
Let the brownies cool completely before frosting them! I got super impatient during this process and got a little creative. I don’t think it helped much.
When it’s finally, finally cool, you can frost it.
And add some sprinkles!
And you have the richest, most delicious brownies in the whole wide world.
You can also view this recipe in a step by step web story.
Get the Recipe:
Frosted Coconut Milk Brownies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer and beat in coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour. Gradually add to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 35-45 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. Let cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
- While the brownies are baking, make the frosting by whipping the butter until lighter in color. Add the vanilla and coconut milk and beat until combined. Slowly add the cocoa powder and mix until combined. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until frosting has reached desired consistency.
- Spread over brownies once completely cooled.
(THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. Sorry!)
Since I’m sending you on a mission to bake, I think I’ll need to set you up with an apron. Better yet, this ridiculously adorable apron from Anthropologie.
And entering is super simple! Check out the widget below and enter with a click of a button. If you already like A Duck’s Oven on Facebook, follow on Twitter, etc., you can still enter and it’s still easy!