This recipe came to be when I had chicken already marinating and people coming over. I needed something quick, easy, and that used chicken similar to my lemon garlic marinated chicken. And so Pinterest led me to this pasta with garlic gravy and the world was wonderful.
Marinade for Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
For the Pasta:
- 3/4 box of thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Parmesan to top
- Combine all ingredients for marinade except chicken breasts in a gallon size plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts and let marinade in the fridge for at least 6 hours or over night.
- When chicken is done marinating, grill or bake in oven preheated to 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. Chop into 1/2 inch x 1 inch strips and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Strain and set aside.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare the gravy by adding the butter to a saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Whisk in the flour and cook for about two minutes while continuing to whisk. Add the chicken stock and simmer until the gravy is thick.
- Toss the spaghetti with the chicken, diced tomatoes, chopped parsley, parmesan, and garlic gravy until well coated. Serve and top with additional parmesan.
Modified from Goddess of Scrumptiousness