You guys love my recipe for Easy Pumpkin Waffles. Like love it. Every year come fall, it instantly becomes the most popular recipe on my blog. And I don’t blame you! It’s a great recipe, and so fun to make this time of year.
But fall flavors can’t have all the fun: so I whipped up this recipe for Easy Gingerbread Waffles to let winter in on the action!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know there was a debate as to whether these should be Easy Gingerbread Waffles or Easy Gingerbread Pancakes. Technically, pancakes won… but pancakes are boring. Friends, I’m sorry! If you really want to make pancakes, make this batter and then… make pancakes with it. It’s that easy.
These Easy Gingerbread Waffles use your favorite waffle mix + a few household ingredients, like molasses and brown sugar. I love to top mine with plenty of whipped cream and cranberries make for a pretty gorgeous garnish.
Pro tip when making these waffles: try not to over mix the batter. Easier said than done, since you also don’t lumps, but it’ll help you avoid a “gluey” texture.
Happy holidays, and enjoy this recipe every Saturday through Christmas – because when else can you gorge yourself on gingerbread?
- Pancake/waffle mix (package instructions for two servings)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Scant 1 cup water
- Cooking spray
- Desired toppings (syrup, whipped cream, toasted pecans etc.)
- Whisk together the mix and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add molasses, brown sugar, vanilla, and canola oil. Add water at about a quarter cup at a time and mix until batter is lumpy and thick. Don’t over mix.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and use according to manufacture instructions.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!