Let’s be honest: potato side dishes are the sides we all get most excited for. From scalloped to mashed to roasted to baked, these carby, often cheesy dishes are the perfect accompaniment to steak, chicken, fish, or eaten all on their own.
You and anyone else you’re cooking for are going to love these recipes – they’re the kind you come back to again and again!
The Crispiest Oven Roasted Potatoes
These oven baked potatoes are a regular side dish for us. They’re simple, incredibly tasty, and make great leftovers (especially for breakfast potatoes!). Use Yukon gold, fingerling, or red potatoes: it’s up to you!Get the Recipe
Warm Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Bacon
This potato salad can be served warm or at room temperature. Plenty of bacon, dill, and sour cream make this an easy crowd pleaser and delicious side dish.Get the Recipe
Scalloped (Sliced) Potatoes with Gruyere and Thyme
Cheesy, thinly sliced scalloped potatoes, also called potatoes au gratin, made from scratch are one of the most delicious potato side dishes around. This recipe uses Yukon gold potatoes, grated gruyere and parmesan cheese, thyme, and a bit of rosemary too for rich, herby flavor.Get the Recipe
Cacio e Pepe Mashed Potatoes
The flavors of your favorite pasta work so well with buttery mashed potatoes! Serve Cacio e Pepe Mashed Potatoes with any of your favorite dishes. They’re an especially great side dish to steak and other beef dishes thanks to plenty of black pepper.Get the Recipe
The Creamiest Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes are extra creamy and delicious because they cook in butter and cream instead of water! This side dish is hands off with almost no dishes to clean.Get the Recipe
Crispy Smashed Potatoes (with garlic parmesan butter!)
Yukon gold potatoes are boiled and smashed with a glass before being topped with a roasted garlic and parmesan butter and roasted in the oven until golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender and buttery on the inside!Get the Recipe
Garlic Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
A small(ish) batch recipe for soft, creamy, garlicky parmesan scalloped potatoes.Get the Recipe
DIY Baked Potato Bar
DIY Baked Potato BarGet the Recipe
Duchess Potatoes are a fancy piped potato side dish that must make an appearance at your next dinner party. Rich, creamy & cheesy. // recipe // easy // make aheadGet the Recipe
Classic Potato Latkes Recipe
Classic Potato Latkes RecipeGet the Recipe
You can also view this round-up as a web story here.
Get the Recipe:
10 Easy Potato Side Dishes, including Crispy Roasted Potatoes
Discover delicious potato side dishes perfect for any meal. Explore our favorite recipes for mashed, baked, roasted, and scalloped potatoes.
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, yellow, red, or fingerling
- 3 1/2 tbsp kosher salt, more as needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp herb blend, such as Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Put a stockpot filled 6 inches deep with water on the stove to boil. Grease a rimmed baking sheet with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Peeling the potatoes is optional (I don't). Dice the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- When the water begins to boil, add 3 tbsp kosher salt. Taste the water: it should taste salty. If needed, add more salt 1 tbsp at a time until it tastes salty. Add the potatoes and boil for 7-9 minutes, until potatoes are just fork tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Shake the potatoes to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Return the potatoes to the stockpot and add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp kosher salt, and herb blend if using. Grab the pot by the handles and shake the pot until the potatoes are covered in seasoning and the outside of the potatoes are starting to look a bit beat up and fluffy.
- Pour the potatoes onto the prepared rimmed baking sheet. Spread out so the potatoes are not touching one another. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip the potatoes, then bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 198kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 6115mg, Potassium: 732mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 4IU, Vitamin C: 35mg, Calcium: 31mg, Iron: 1mg
Did you make this recipe?Mention @aducksoven on Instagram or tag #aducksoven.