Let’s be honest: potato side dishes are the sides we all get most excited for. From scalloped to mashed to roasted to baked, these carby, often cheesy dishes are the perfect accompaniment to steak, chicken, fish, or eaten all on their own.
You and anyone else you’re cooking for are going to love these recipes – they’re the kind you come back to again and again!
The Crispiest Oven Roasted Potatoes
Warm Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Bacon
Scalloped (Sliced) Potatoes with Gruyere and Thyme
Cacio e Pepe Mashed Potatoes
The Creamiest Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes
Crispy Smashed Potatoes (with garlic parmesan butter!)
Garlic Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
DIY Baked Potato Bar
Classic Potato Latkes Recipe
You can also view this round-up as a web story here.
Get the Recipe:
10 Easy Potato Side Dishes, including Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Put a stockpot filled 6 inches deep with water on the stove to boil. Grease a rimmed baking sheet with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Peeling the potatoes is optional (I don't). Dice the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- When the water begins to boil, add 3 tbsp kosher salt. Taste the water: it should taste salty. If needed, add more salt 1 tbsp at a time until it tastes salty. Add the potatoes and boil for 7-9 minutes, until potatoes are just fork tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Shake the potatoes to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Return the potatoes to the stockpot and add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp kosher salt, and herb blend if using. Grab the pot by the handles and shake the pot until the potatoes are covered in seasoning and the outside of the potatoes are starting to look a bit beat up and fluffy.
- Pour the potatoes onto the prepared rimmed baking sheet. Spread out so the potatoes are not touching one another. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip the potatoes, then bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.