As you can imagine, I’m not super eager to turn on my oven or the stove in this heat. Since Fiancé and I apparently have to eat something that isn’t cereal, I decided a nice, cold salad was in order.
For the dressing, I snagged some lime-coriander dressing from the store and whisked in a little honey and olive oil. It’s divine.
To dress up the salad, we added some black grapes, feta, peanuts, and green onions.
And some lemony, herby grilled (on our stove top, that is) chicken.
Our favorite salad green is spinach, so atop a bed of crispy, cold spinach this went.
This was filling and so, so bright and tasty. It will be just as yummy in cold conditions as it was refreshing here. Or just hang on to this recipe for a couple of months (just a little longer!) and enjoy it when you start getting heat waves in your area.Print
For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning
- Lemon Pepper
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup store-bought lime-coriander dressing (you could buy lime dressing and add coriander)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup black grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Season chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, salt, and lemon pepper. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, or pan-fry for about 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Let cool then slice into 1/2 inch strips.
- Whisk together dressing, honey, and olive oil. Toss dressing, using only a tablespoon or so at a time to avoid over-dressing, with grapes, gets, peanuts, onion, and spinach.
- Serve salad and top with sliced chicken breasts. Enjoy!