I had a pack of skewers I hadn’t gotten around to using yet so I decided to make some spicy chicken kebabs. To start this easy chicken kebab recipe, I chopped some cilantro.
Then I cut some chicken into about one inch cubes.
To make the marinade for the chicken, I combined olive oil, the chopped cilantro, adobo seasoning from Penzey’s (mostly Mexican oregano and cumin), cayenne pepper, and paprika.
Add the chicken and let marinade for at least three hours.
I stacked my kebabs with green bell peppers, red bell peppers, and red onions. It makes them look pretty AND they taste good. Then threw ’em on the grill. Oh, how I love this grill.
These pair nicely with some grilled veggies. I chose asparagus and funky little tomatoes from New Seasons.
I grilled them for about four minutes on each side.
And that’s it! So easy and so tasty. These kebabs are even boyfriend approved.Print
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp adobo seasoning from Penzey’s (you can sub Mexican oregano and cumin)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1/4 red onion, cut into 1 inch slices
- Combine cilantro, olive oil, adobo seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika, and kosher salt in a gallon size plastic bag. Add chicken and marinade for at least three hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. You could also use your oven, preheated to 400 degrees.
- Alternate sliding the chicken, peppers, and onion onto metal skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill for 4 minutes on each side. Enjoy!