I have a thing for cake mix. Not because I especially love the cakes it produces- they’re fine. I see a box of cake mix as a challenge. How can I make this into something completely different- and way better- than it was meant to be?
The other night I had a craving for peanut butter cookies, but I was also feeling extremely lazy, and so these were born. The wonderful thing about cake mix cookies is how easy they are to make! These literally have four ingredients: yellow cake mix, eggs, peanut butter, and oil. That’s it! And they’re oh so delicious.
And for all you Pinners out there, here’s a photo recipe card!
- 1 15.25 oz yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients using a KitchenAid with the paddle attachment or in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls of dough in sprinkles, if desired. Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet and squish down slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.