See the step by step Google web story for Instant Pot Pear Gorgonzola Rose Risotto.
There are SO MANY THINGS packed into this risotto but I really felt like each word was important. Let’s break it down:
- Instant Pot. I made this risotto in my Instant Pot!!! And it was so easy!!! This small kitchen appliance keeps finding new ways to change my life. For those of you that have made risotto before, you know the struggle. Keeping chicken stock simmering while you make the risotto, watching it like a hawk, the amount of time… it’s a pain in the a**. I LOVE risotto, but I do not like to make dishes that set me up to fail with their complicated ways. With Instant Pot risotto, you dump all of the liquid in at once, set it, and that’s it. Oh, and it only cooks for 6 minutes. What the what.
- Pear. Ah, the oft forgotten fall fruit. Why don’t we do more with pears?! They’re delicious and wonderful and pretty and deserve so much more of our attention.
- Gorgonzola. Because blue cheese is #life.
- Rose. I broke ALL THE RULES and used rose in this risotto because a) I had a bottle of rose in my fridge I needed to kill and b) I was curious. Pick a dry rose just like you would a dry white wine and your risotto is going to be magical. As you can see, it didn’t turn the risotto pink (not that I would have minded) and it gave the rose a little more flavor than any ol’ white would have. I’m a fan, doing it again.
Seriously friends: this method will change your life. Everything except the cheese and pepper goes in before you start in the Instant Pot. Once you release the pressure, the risotto might look really soupy. Stir it for about 30 seconds and it will look how it should. If it’s still a bit runny, turn on that handy saute function and simmer, stirring constantly, until it’s right.
This classic flavor combination is so bold and comforting and screams fall. You can eat it as is as a main dish or serve it along side protein. We had ours with tri tip steak cooked with my handy sous vide! It would also be delicious along side a roasted chicken.
Even if you DON’T have an instant pot, try using these ingredients to make risotto the old fashioned way. You’ll be happy.
Get the Recipe:
Instant Pot Pear Gorgonzola Rose Risotto
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry rose wine
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated black pepper
- Chopped walnuts for garnish, optional
- Turn on the saute function on your Instant Pot. Add 2 tbsp of butter. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pears and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and arborio rice and cook stirring regularly until a few grains of rice start to turn golden (3-5 minutes).
- Add the rose wine and chicken stock. Manually set the Instant Pot to cook for 6 minutes. Once finished, use the quick release.
- Stir risotto for about 30 seconds. If there's more liquid to be absorbed, turn on the saute function and simmer until it reaches the correct consistency (not soupy).
- Turn off the Instant Pot. Stir in gorgonzola cheese and black pepper until melted and creamy.
- Serve as a main dish or side and garnish with walnuts.