Husband and I looooove chicken wings. Like really, really love. But we’re traditionalists when it comes to this tailgate party classic. Bone in, party wings (if they’re boneless you’re eating chicken nuggets) with a sauce made with Frank’s Red Hot and butter. The only change up is we usually bake our wings now.
So when I told Husband I was going to make Everything Bagel Wings, he wasn’t thrilled. “Can you make half of them that way and save the rest for normal wings?” I compromised and tossed half of these in hot sauce (which you could totally do – it was tasty).
But ya know what? He loved the Everything Bagel Wings. Because duh.
The sauce is simple: butter and Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. That’s it. I baked my wings, but you could fry them. You do you.
Full disclosure: I accidentally bought normal wings. I think you should use party wings. But again, you do you. Either way, your Everything Bagel Wings are gonna be booooooomb.
The sauce is totally optional… but when there’s the option for avocado, you do it. Ya just do.
- Party wings (recommend 7/person)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- ¼ cup butter
- Avocado Cream Sauce:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ avocado
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cooling rack over it.
- Toss wings with corn starch and Kosher salt to coat.
- Arrange wings on cooling rack over cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove from oven, flip the wings, and return to oven for another 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a food processor and blending until smooth.
- Add wings to a large bowl. Melt the butter. Pour butter and Everything but the Bagel seasoning over wings and toss to coat.
- Serve with dipping sauce!