These White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are thick and chewy, and most importantly, full of white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. A perfect addition to your holiday cookie spread.
This recipe has no chill. Both in flavor and in preparation.
AH OKAY NO MORE PUNS!
These cookies are so fun and festive around Christmastime but delicious anytime of the year. I wanted to give something handmade to coworkers, so I decided to bake a nice big batch of these white chocolate cranberry cookies, peppermint patty stuffed brownies, and thumbprint cookies.
I just love the combination of white chocolate and cranberries. Add a little bit of rum (or brandy) adds something extra special to these cookies.
How to Make White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
You can also see the Google Web Story step by step instructions.
This is a pretty standard cookie recipe. This particular cookie recipe requires NO chilling, which is a favorite thing for me!
Let’s talk about the ingredients:
Butter: this should be room temperature. I’m going to be completely honest, here: I frequently use salted butter. My cookies don’t taste salty. I do not sweat this. But you can sweat it if you want 😉
Brown sugar and white sugar: equal parts brown and white sugar for just the right flavor!
Eggs: ideally, these should be room temperature as well.
Spiced rum: brandy would also be great here! In a pinch, you can use “regular” rum, but the spiced rum adds great flavor.
White chocolate chips and cranberries: I’m such a sucker for white chocolate. White chocolate + cranberries are wonderful, the perfect combo of sweet and tart! I haven’t done it, but dark chocolate could also be an interesting experiment.
You’ll notice I have kind of long times for whipping the butter + sugar and after the egg addition. Don’t be impatient: follow the instructions! This will help you get nice fluffy cookies.
If you have one, use a cookie scoop for the dough. This will help you get nice even cookies.
Will these cookies freeze well? These cookies freeze great! I’ve tried freezing the dough before baking and freezing the cookies themselves, both with success.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or like with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar for 4-5 minutes. Beat in the egg and rum, and best for an additional 3 minutes.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still light in color.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.