These sous vide flourless chocolate cakes are made with just two ingredients: Nutella and eggs! Rich and chocolatey with a texture somewhere between custard and cake, this dessert is so easy to put together and such a crowd pleaser!
Flourless chocolate cake is one of my favorite things to make with sous vide because it’s so easy, and I can make adorable individual portions, so it’s perfect for a party (or having them ready in the fridge for dessert throughout the week!).
These cakes require just 2 ingredients: Nutella and eggs! They’re cooked at 180 degrees F for 1 hour, then popped in the fridge. I like them served cold, but room temperature works, too!
What is the texture of these “sous vide cakes” like?
These sous vide desserts are not exactly cakey: there’s no crumb. But they’re thicker than a pudding and not quite like a custard. They’re a texture all on their own!
Equipment Needed for Sous Vide Nutella Cakes
You don’t need a ton of equipment to make sous vide Nutella cakes!
- An immersion circulator (my favorite is the Vesta Precision Imersa Elite)
- 1/2 pint sized jars (I like Weck jars – they’re cute and the lid style means fewer things that can rust!)
- You can absolutely just use a stockpot to contain your water bath, but I love my clear Everie container)
Other than a bowl and a whisk, that’s it!
How to Make Sous Vide Nutella Cakes
Sous vide nutella cake is insanely easy to make. INSANE. You are going to question how these can even work. I promise they do!
You only need to ingredients: Nutella and eggs! Whisk them together in a bowl until the mixture is completely smooth and the eggs are totally incorporated.
Pour the mixture into 3 jars and sous vide at 180 degrees F for 1 hour.
These are a great “make ahead” dessert, but if you want to eat them right away, put them in a large bowl with a little cold water and lots of ice to cool quickly.
Top with goodies and serve! Here are a few topping ideas:
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Fresh mint sprigs
Sous Vide 2 Ingredient Nutella Cakes
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 4 eggs
- In a bowl, whisk together Nutella and eggs until mixture is completely smooth and homogenous.
- Pour the mixture evenly between 3 half pint sized jars. If using jars with a traditional ring and lid, screw tops of jars on with just the tips of your fingers: you want to leave the lids loose enough that air can escape while cooking.
- Add to preheated water bath and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from water bath. If serving right away, place in an ice bath to bring the temperature down quickly. If not serving immediately, let sit on the counter for about a half hour, then place in the fridge.
- Top with your favorite things like whipped cream, fresh raspberries, caramel sauce, or sprinkles!