This spicy shrimp and couscous is light, full of flavor, and ready in only 15 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped (remove seeds and ribs for less spice)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup chicken stock, or water & a bullion cube
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 16 shrimp, deveined and peeled (I also removed the tails)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
In a medium-sized pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook until veggies begin to soften, 3-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another minute.
Add the chicken stock and coriander to the pot. Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and let sit for five minutes, then fluff with a fork.
While the couscous is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the shrimp and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip, then add the lemon juice to the skillet. Cook until seared and pink. Remove to a plate.
Spoon the couscous into bowls and top with shrimp. Sprinkle cilantro over bowls to serve.