- 1 large sweet potato (yellow or orange)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1 tbsp ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into 2 inch x 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch sticks. Toss the sticks with olive oil and garlic salt to coat.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip all fries and bake for another 10 minutes, until all fries are golden.
- While the fries are baking, make the chipotle mayo sauce by combining the mayonnaise, chilies, and adobo sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Mix with the ketchup if desired.
- When the fries are done, let cool for a few minutes. Pat any excess oil off with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.