New York Strip Steak marinated in a soy and orange-based marinade, then cooked sous vide and seared before serving. Delicious and simple!
- 2 8 oz NY Strip Steaks
- The juice of one orange
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Season steaks well with salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Add steaks to a large zipper top bag. Pour in half the marinade and shake to coat steaks. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. Reserve the other half of the marinade in the fridge.
- Begin heating sous vide water bath to 129 degrees F (for medium rare steak).
- Remove steaks from bag with marinade and transfer to vacuum seal bag of choice. Discard marinade. Remove the air and drop into water bath. Cook for at least 2 hours, up to 3.
- Remove steaks from water bath and bag. Pat them thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- Heat ghee in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Once very, very hot add steaks and sear. You should not sear for more than 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove to a cutting board and slice into half inch slices. Arrange on a platter and pour remaining marinade over the steak. Serve.
Keywords: sous vide steak, orange marinated sous vide steak