Sous vide scallops in a brown butter sauce make a delicious, healthy dinner. You can easily cook the scallops right from from your freezer!
- 1/2 pound of scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp cold butter, divided
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Set up immersion circulator in a waterbath and preheat water to 122 degrees F.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to a bag and remove the air. Add the bag to the water and cook for 25-45 minutes (I recommend 30 on the nose).
- When the scallops are done, heat a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp of butter and melt. Sear the scallops quickly (less than 30 seconds!) on each side until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter. Cook until melted and beginning to brown. Turn off heat and add lemon juice and parsley. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Pour the sauce over the scallops and serve.
The scallops can be cooked from frozen, no adjustments needed.
Keywords: sous vide scallops