Sous vide pork chops will totally change your perception of the classic dinner! They’re moist and packed with flavor. Use boneless or bone-in pork chops. You can even cook them from frozen!
- 2 large pork chops
- Seasoning of choice (I recommend something peppery)
- Sea salt (if using saltless seasoning)
- Fat of choice (ghee or coconut oil recommended)
- Preheat water bath to 145 degrees F.
- Season pork chops with seasoning and sea salt.
- Place pork chops in a vacuum sealable bag and seal.
- Add bag to water and let cook for at least an hour, up to two hours.
- When pork chops are done, heat your fat of choice in a cast iron skillet on high heat.
- Remove pork chops and sear in skillet once it’s very, very hot, until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Remove to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes, and slice to serve.
If using frozen pork chops, add a half hour of cook time.
This time and temperature will work for bone-in or boneless pork chops.
Keywords: sous vide pork chops