Sous vide limoncello is the perfect way to make your own bottle of this classic Italian liqueur in just 2 hours instead of weeks of waiting. If you enjoy this recipe, don’t miss my recipe for Sous Vide Tequila Infused with Cucumber and Lime!
- 3 cups vodka
- 8 lemons
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Preheat water bath using immersion circulator to 135 degrees F.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the rinds from the lemons, peeling off as little of the white rind as possible.
- Add the vodka and lemon peels to a quart sized jar. Place in water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- While the vodka mixture is cooking, make simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool to room temperature.
- When vodka mixture is done, strain mixture into a large bowl and discard lemon peels. Add simple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Pour into airtight jars and refrigerate.
Limoncello is best served chilled.
Use at least decent quality vodka. It doesn’t have to be the best vodka available, but you’ll want some that’s good enough to drink on its own.
Meyer lemons are amazing for limoncello, but use what you can. Make sure they’re fresh and the rind is soft, otherwise it’ll be hard to peel.
Remember that you’ll be drinking this, so use whatever drinking water you normally would.
Keywords: sous vide limoncello