Sous vide brisket will be the best brisket you’ve ever tasted. This recipe combines sous vide and smoke for traditional flavor and perfect texture.
- Half Brisket (about 7 pounds)
- 65 grams (1/4 cup) kosher salt
- 30 grams (5 tsp) black pepper
- 7 grams (1 1/4 tsp) pink curing salt
- Preheat sous vide water bath to 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine salts and pepper in a small bowl. Rub thoroughly all over the brisket, getting into all the nooks and crannies.
- Vacuum seal the brisket. Add to water bath and cook for 36 hours.
- When finished, remove from water bath and vacuum seal bags. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Preheat a smoker to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the brisket and cook for 6 hours. It’s finished when there’s a deep bark all over the brisket.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices and serve.
Long cooks tend to result in floating bags – weigh them down with a ceramic plate or bowl.
To finish in the oven, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 30-40 minutes, until outside is a deep brown.
Keywords: sous vide brisket