Looking for a fun dessert to make with pumpkin seeds after you’ve finished pumpkin carving (or just because)? This is the ticket. These pumpkin seed rice krispie treats are so easy to make and only require 5 ingredients. You’ll love them!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 4 1/2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Melt butter over medium low heat. Add marshmallows and reduce heat to low. Stir until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat and add rice krispie cereal and pumpkin seeds. Stir until completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Grease an 11″x7″ baking dish and line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Press rice krispie mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Let set up for at least an hour before cutting into squares.
If you’re using storebought shells, get them pre-roasted.
If you’re using homemade pumpkin seeds, you might want to chop them up a bit.
If you’re roasting them yourself, make sure you get them thoroughly crunchy – a chewy seed would not be great for texture!
Keywords: pumpkin seeds