This recipe for plum barbecue sauce is a great way to use your fall bounty (or for anytime of year!). Spread this plum bbq sauce on ribs, grilled chicken, even veggies for the perfect grilling condiment.
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced plums
- 3–6 chipotles in adobo, depending on spiciness preference
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce from can of chipotles in adobo
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust. Add more salt if necessary, more chipotles to make it spicier, maple syrup to make it sweeter, or more apple cider vinegar if you prefer a more vinegary punch.
- Spread on your favorite grilled meats and use as a condiment as desired.
1/2 cup plums is approximately 6 small plums
Calories are approximate
Keywords: plum bbq sauce