Mojo chicken is full of flavor thanks to orange, lime, jalapeno, and cilantro, blended together in a marinade! Make it sous vide or cook it in the oven.
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno (use 2 if you really like spice)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- Add all ingredients except chicken to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the blended marinade and chicken to a zipper top bag or use a chamber vacuum sealer to vacuum seal closed. Let marinate for at least 3 hours, up to overnight.
If cooking sous vide:
- Preheat water bath to 155 degrees F using your immersion circulator.
- Add the bag of chicken (after marinating) to the preheated water bath and cook for 1 1/2 to 3 hours. I recommend 2.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and the chicken from the marinade. Pan sear in a little olive oil or broil to brown and crisp the skin.
If cooking in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the baking sheet. Discard the marinade.
- Cook in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through and internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F. The skin should be browned and crispy.
Add an extra jalapeno to the marinade if you like extra spice.
Serve with white rice and black beans.
Keywords: mojo chicken