Harissa and salmon are such a lovely combination. I use honey to create a harissa glazed salmon that’s smoky, spicy, and sweet. Finished with a little lemon for that citrus hit, this salmon dish is a winner!
- 3–5 4 oz salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp harissa (I get it from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Lemon wedges
- To cook in the oven, preheat broiler under low. To cook sous vide, preheat water bath to 115 degrees F using an immersion circulator.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and drizzle with olive oil. If cooking sous vide, add to vacuum seal bag and seal. Cook in water bath for 45 mins – 1 hour. If cooking in oven, cook under broiler for 7 mins.
- While the salmon cooks, mix together honey and harissa in small bowl.
- When salmon fillets are done, remove from bag and pat dry if cooking sous vide. Remove from oven if not. Coat each fillet with the harissa honey mixture.
- Turn broiler to high heat. Place salmon fillets under broiler for 1 minute. Squeeze fresh lemon over the salmon fillets and serve.
If you want to do one large salmon fillet, increase oven time to 10 minutes.
Calories are an approximation.
Keywords: harissa glazed salmon