This grilled corn salad makes great use of all of your summer veggies. With corn as a base, use whatever veggies you have on hand to supplement! I like to use sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes. Toss with a bright garlicky, lemony sauce and plenty of fresh herbs.
- 4 ears of corn
- Cooking spray
- Roughly 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sliced basil strips
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp flaked sea salt
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Remove the husks and threads from the corn and rinse. Spray each ear of corn with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Wrap them each in foil.
- In a grill basket, toss sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Reduce grill heat to medium. Place corn cobs in the center of the grill. Grill for 7 minutes.
- Add grill basket to the grill. Flip corn. Grill veggies and corn for an additional 7 minutes, tossing veggies once. If you want char marks on your corn, remove foil and return to grill for last few minutes of cooking, turning occasionally.
- While the veggies are grilling, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is just starting to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, half the basil, and half the parsley.
- Once veggies are done, let cool for 3-5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, slice kernels off the cob.
- Add veggies and corn kernels to a salad bowl. Pour over the butter lemon mixture and toss to coat.
- Garnish with remaining basil, parsley, and flaked sea salt. Serve warm.
I recommend keeping the corn, but feel free to sub the tomatoes and snap peas for whatever veggies you have on hand, or add additional veggies! Zucchini would be great.
Calories are an estimate.
Keywords: grilled corn salad