Dark chocolate pumpkin scones are one of my favorite fall treats! A great breakfast or snack, enjoy them seasonally or year round. These scones are simple to make – no equipment or rest time needed – and bake up in just 15 minutes.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- ¾ cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup milk (for spreading on top of scones)
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter. If you don’t have one, you can use a fork or crumble the butter with the dry ingredients using your fingers.
- Mix in the pumpkin and milk with a spoon to start, then knead with your hands to incorporate all the dry ingredients. Add the dark chocolate chunks and knead chocolate is just distributed.
- Divide dough into two even pieces. Form each piece into a disc with a 6 inch diameter and place on the lined baking sheet. Cut each disc into six wedges (like a pizza) but don’t separate them.
- Brush the tops of the discs with milk and sprinkle the raw sugar.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
I get my dark chocolate chunks from Trader Joe’s.
Calories are an approximation.
These will freeze great! Reheat in the microwave.
Keywords: pumpkin scones