- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Lemon Mixture:
- 6 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3–4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, reserved for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust in your mixer until crumbly, or use a fork. Press into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden.
- While the crust is cooking, combine the ingredients for the lemon mixture and whip until frothy. Pour over the hot crust.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until baking dish can be wiggled without the center of the bars jiggling.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes, or until no longer hot. Wrap with saran wrap and transfer to fridge fro at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the remaining confectioner’s sugar before serving.