- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 slices pepper bacon
- 1/2 medium-sized yellow onion, diced
- 8 baby bella mushrooms, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3/4–1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking, cook the bacon in a large skillet. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but about a tablespoon of bacon fat and reserve it.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until onions start to turn translucent and mushrooms soften. Add more bacon fat as necessary.
- Deglaze the skillet with the red wine. Add the heavy cream and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. You may need to add more cream.
- Crumble the bacon into chunks and add to the sauce. Add the brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if desired.
This dish is excellent served with red meat, like steak! The sauce can serve as a sauce for the meat as well.