This recipe is super simple and great for beginners looking to try their hand at bread baking. Step by step instructions included!
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp salt
Desired add ins (I used 1 tsp garlic powder and 2 tbsp Italian seasoning)
2 1/2–3 cups flour
Toppings, if desired (e.g. kosher salt, parmesan)
1. Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar and let sit for about ten minutes, or until foamy.
2. Add the olive oil, salt, and desired add ins and stir to combine.
3. Using the dough hook on your KitchenAid or with a spoon and then hands, add the flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough is no longer sticky. Knead the dough using the dough hook or by hand for three minutes. Let it rest for two minutes. Knead for another three minutes, then form into a ball.
4. Coat a large bowl with olive oil and add the dough ball, turning to coat. Cover with a towel or saran wrap and let sit for one hour, or until dough has doubled in size.
5. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and lightly oil a baking sheet.
6. Form the dough into a loaf shape, tucking and pinching edges. Let rise for about 30 minutes. Score with a sharp knife. Add toppings, if desired.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until outside is golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: bread for beginners