- 1 pack wingettes or party wings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning (or other seasoned salt)
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotles in adobo
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Add the chicken to the bag and toss to coat.
- Fill a medium sized saucepan about three inches deep with oil. Heat until oil reaches 325 degrees. Add the chicken in batches to the oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry until wings are golden brown and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- While the chicken is frying, begin cooking the berries in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once they’ve sufficiently broken down, add the sugar, adobo sauce, and chipotles. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or a blender, blend the sauce until there are no remaining chunks. Pour into a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and use a rubber spatula to press the mixture through the strainer.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and toss to coat. Serve with cucumbers and ranch.