This recipe for banana bread with peanut butter streusel takes the classic loaf to a new level using a combination of peanut butter powder and creamy peanut butter.
- 2 cups (255 grams) flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup tightly packed (213 grams) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 340 grams (2–3 depending on size) very ripe peeled bananas
Peanut butter streusel:
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) flour
- 1/4 cup (53 grams) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9×5 inch loaf pan by lining with parchment paper so it hangs off the long sides of the pan but not the short. Grease thoroughly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 4-5 minutes, until light in color and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and add eggs one at time on medium-low speed, completely combining between each egg addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add sour cream and vanilla. Mix over medium-low speed until completely combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the bananas and mix on medium-low until there are no visible banana chunks.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. On low speed, gradually add in the dry ingredients until completely mixed, but do not over mix.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients for the streusel and use a fork or your fingers to mix together until crumbly.
- Pour the banana bread batter into your prepared pan. Top with streusel mixture.
- Bake the bread for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, until completely baked through. You should be able to wiggle the loaf pan with no jiggling of the center of the loaf.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Cool completely before serving.
To make banana muffins, thoroughly grease a muffin tin and reduce baking time to 25-30 minutes.
Keywords: banana bread with peanut butter