- 1 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 medium zucchini, grated (about 2 cups), liquid thoroughly drained
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Chipotle lime mayo for dipping (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, and canola oil and lightly mix. Add zucchini and mix thoroughly. If you have time, refrigerate this mixture for a half hour. It makes it easier to handle in the next steps!
- Combine Panko bread crumbs and remaining salt in a shallow bowl. Lay a piece of parchment paper that will fit in your air fryer’s basket on your work surface.
- Create 2 inch balls (they may not be perfectly spherical) from the zucchini mixture and roll in the panko mixture. Place on parchment paper, working in batches so they’ll fit in your air fryer in a single layer (I can do about 5 at a time).
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F (you’ll cook for 15 mins). Once ready, pick up the parchment paper and place directly into the basket. Spray with cooking spray. Air fry for 15 minutes, flipping the fritters at 8 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce like chipotle lime mayo.
Use a cheesecloth to make sure you get as much water out of the zucchini as possible
Cooking spray is optional
Batter can be made in advance, even frozen
Fritters can be frozen
Keywords: air fryer zucchini fritters