This is a great recipe for sweet potato fries made in the air fryer with almost no oil, just a little olive oil! They come out crisp on the outside, tender on the inside. These air fryer sweet potato fries make a great side dish, or even just a snack. If you try this air fryer sweet potato fries recipe, please rate and review!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Additional salt (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F for a cook time of 14 minutes.
- Peel or wash the sweet potato and cut into 1/2 inch thick fries.
- Toss the fries with olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder until thoroughly coated.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the preheated air fryer basket.
- Every 5 minutes or so, remove the basket and shake it. Continue cooking until the fries have golden spots all over them and the edges are starting to turn a deep brown.
- Taste and toss with a little more salt if desired.
Play with the thickness of the fries depending on the texture you’re looking for.
Looking for a very crispy sweet potato fry? Up the temp to 390 degrees F.
Keywords: air fryer sweet potato fries