Hot wings cooked in the air fryer are amazing! Get crispy wings without all the oil using this method. This is the best air fryer hot wing recipe around, you’re going to love it!
- 20–25 party wings
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/3 cup butter
- Several dashes Tabasco (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Remove party wings from packaging and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels or a clean dish towel.
- Add wings to a large bowl and toss with cornstarch, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. I recommend just using your hands!
- Add wings to air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray. Toss and spray again.
- Add wings to air fryer and cook for 12 minutes. Flip all the wings, then cook for another 8-13 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- While the wings are cooking, add Frank’s Red Hot, butter, and Tabasco if using to a saucepan over low heat. Cook until butter is melted.
- When wings are done, add to a clean, large bowl. Pour sauce over the wings and toss until every wing is completely coated with sauce.
- Serve with veggies and blue cheese dip.
To make blue cheese dip, combine 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
To ensure the wings don’t stick to one another, you can remove the basket and shake every 4 minutes or so. Be careful: there will be lots of liquid in the bottom of the basket that will be hot.
Nutritional information is approximate.
Keywords: air fryer hot wings