Did you know you can cook asparagus perfectly with sous vide? There’s nothing soggy about these bright green, just crisp spears. With a little lemon and butter, this sous vide asparagus makes a delicious side dish!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic butter
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat water bath (I like Everie containers) using immersion circulator to 180 degrees F.
- Add asparagus, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a vacuum seal bag. Shake it to disperse seasoning. Add butter to the bag and spread evenly. Vacuum seal, doing your best to keep the asparagus in a single layer.
- Add the vacuum sealed asparagus to a water bath preheated to 180 degrees F and cook for 12 minutes.
- Once done, open the bag and shake around to evenly coat stalks in seasoning and butter. Squeeze lemon over the asparagus and toss again.
- To keep the asparagus from floating while it cooks, you can weigh it down by placing a ceramic plate on top or check out my favorite new sous vide accessory: sous vide magnets!
- If your stalks are super thin, reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes.
Keywords: sous vide asparagus